News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Where is the LAME encoder? - SOLVED

Started by kevtardis, October 12, 2017, 08:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevtardis

Greetings.

I never thought I'd want to burn files to MP3, but a friend has some children's albums he wants to digitize, and he only understands mp3.

When I tried to save the files as MP3 files, I got a message box advising to download www.alpinesoft.co.uk/VinylStudio/download_mp3_win.aspx, then to tell VinylStudio where it is.

I am not finding this download anywhere. Can you provide? Or tell me which LAME encoder to download elsewhere? Also, once I've downloaded it, how do I go about telling VinylStudio where it is?

Thanks.

Kevin

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

The LAME encoder is available from the sites listed on that page.  You *don't* want the 64 bit / X64 ones, even if your computer is 64 bit.

You may need to extract lame_enc.dll from the zip file you download (lame_enc.dll is the file that VinylStudio wants).  You can just drag it out of there to the folder of your choice and then tell VinylStudio where it is via Menu -> Options -> Locate LAME Encoder.

kevtardis

my apologies - I was having no luck getting to the right page.

Once I got to the right page, everything worked as advertised.

Thanks for your help!

KM