News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Temp Files in \My Music\ ?

Started by betona, February 09, 2009, 02:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

betona

hi Paul -

I have a lot of hard drive partitions, one of which is a small one with only \My Music\ on it which only holds some itunes album art and it only has a couple hundred megs of space.  All of my MP3s are kept elsewhere on another drive.

In VinylStudio, if I change an album title midway through the process, or if I try to import a sound file, it creates several .dmp files in the \My Music\ folder, immediately running out of space, and crashes after that.  I've looked--is there a way to tell it to put these temp files somewhere else?

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

The crashes should be fixed in V6.01.  If not, please email us the error message - you can copy it to the clipboard and a brief description of what you were doing.  We will then attend to the problem in the next release.

The .dmp files are important.  They are only produced when VinylStudio crashes and provide additional diagnostic information which we often need to get to the root of the problem.

So the way forward is this:

1.  Upgrade to VinylStudio V6.01 (which you can do by selecting 'Check for Update' from the Help menu)

2.  If VinylStudio is still crashing, please let us know and also please email us the following file:

My Documents
    My Music
        VinylStudio_large.dmp

You can then delete the dump files.  There's no way to redirect them anywhere else unfortunately, but once the crashes are resolved (which is a matter of high priority for us) they should no longer be an issue.

Regards,

betona

Here you go:

QuoteException c0000005 occurred at EIP=0x0 reading address 0x0 (dump file generated)

VinylStudio V6.01
Windows version 5.1.2600.2 (Service Pack 3), SP3.0

...and I'm e-mailing the DMP file.