News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

PP-3 Sample Rate

Started by meeder, February 16, 2009, 08:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meeder

The NAD PP-3 has a fixed sample rate of 48kHz.
VinylStudio records from it in 44.1kHz. Can a fix be made so that I am able to select the samplerate?

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

You can select the sample rate at which VinylStudio records in the Recording options dialog.  Click on the File Options button in that dialog and you will be presented with a dropdown list.  VinylStudio will do a decent job of resampling to 44.1kHz should you later burn an Audio CD from your recording.

You will need to be running the latest version of VinylStudio (V6.01).  To get it, choose 'Check for Update' from the Help menu or download it from here:

http://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/VinylStudio/download.aspx

Regards,

Paul Sanders

Addendum (21st March 2009): The PP-3's sample rate is in fact variable, I have discovered, but you only have two choices - 44.1kHz and 48kHz.  I would use the former if you plan to burn audio CDs to avoid the need for a sample rate conversion when the CD is burned.  This will improve quality slightly.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Sorry meeder, this post got lost for a while.  As you can see, I have restored it now :)