News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Amend Album details lose info

Started by Sonvolt, July 14, 2023, 04:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonvolt

Hi Paul,

Have had a recureence of issue I logged before, hopefully some more info for you to investigate. After recording and splitting and saving tracks on Floyds Animals album , i went to split tracks edit album details and amened album title from ANIMALS to Animals  when trying to save  tracks again i get the following error. Ran check for changes and it now shows as album not yet  recorded.
Note i had saved with title of ANIMALS so not an issue for me to amend via Tagscanner.  but thought would let you know.

Saving tracks for album: Pink Floyd - Animals (4 threads)

Cannot save album (Cannot open file: Z:\Vinyl data\Albums\Pink_Floyd~Animals~side1.flac error 2 (The system cannot find the file specified))

0 tracks saved in 0 seconds (0 already saved, 0 partially saved, 0 skipped).

Tracks were saved to folder:

Z:\Vinyl data\Converted\Albums\Pink Floyd\1977Animals

View in File Explorer

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Thanks, I can reproduce the fault.  We will investigate and post back here.  In the meantime, don't make a change that changes just the case of the album artist or album title.

You can work around the problem by renaming in two stages:

- ANIMALS -> Animals renamed

- Animals renamed -> Animals

Thanks for reporting this, I'm not sure how it slipped through the net.  I can tell you how to recover that lost file if you like, let me know.

Sonvolt

Yes to recover file if it a simple couple of steps but not if its a convoluted process. TBH I've  found just using the default settings fine, on listening to anything recorded no additional manual  tweaking required though my vinyl is in pretty good condition.

OK, name of the file should be:

Pink_Floyd~Animals~side1.flac

but will actually be:

Pink_Floyd~Animals.flac

So just rename it and then do Check for Changes.

The situation is more complex, I think, if there is more than one album side.

Sonvolt

No such file on system not sure what I did that would have cleared it. No worries I'd saved tracks anyway and you'll  fix issue in a future release.

Sorry, your right (my test case was flawed).  VinylStudio got confused and deleted it, so sorry.

Not our finest hour.  We'll get a fix out as soon as we can.