News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Audio / Waveform not in Sync in Split Tracks for Moved Files

Started by dweinberg, March 24, 2022, 08:29:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dweinberg

Hello Paul,

This is a follow up to an earlier post:
Quote from: dweinberg on November 11, 2019, 10:11:19 PM
From time to time, I will need to abort recording an album and start the side over again. This is typically due to when the stylus does not land on the record at the right spot, the recording level is not set properly, etc. When that happens, I sometimes forget to delete the now recorded aborted side (File 4 in the attached), and inadvertently re-recorded that side as the incorrect side/file number (File 5 in the attached).

After deleting the aborted side (File 4), how do I go about renaming the correct re-recorded side (from File 5 to File 4)? Is that done by renaming it in Finder (macOS)?

Quote from: Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft) on November 11, 2019, 10:23:38 PM
If they're in the wrong order, you can just drag them around in the list.

If the sequence goes 1, 2, 3, 5, it doesn't really matter.  VinylStudio won't care about the 'missing' side.

If the sequence is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and you want to get rid of side 4, just delete it.

So I needed to do that today. I recorded Bessie Smith's Empty Bed Blues album, doing so with sides 3 and 4 first and then sides 1 and 2. Using the technique that I pasted above I was able to move the sides to the correct order. However, what I see and hear in Split Tracks window does not appear to be in sync for the new sides 3 and 4 (sides 1 and 2 are in sync).

For example, in the attachment sides 3 and 4 have the correct track breaks, yet they do not appear that way based on the waveforms. Sides 1 and 2 have correct track breaks that are in sync with the waveforms.

Do I need to be concerned about this for subsequent exporting (presume not)? Should I (and can I) export and then import the album as a new album? Also, what would cause sides 3 and 4 to be out of alignment with the waveforms while sides 1 and 2 are correct?

Thanks.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Yes, there is a display issue after dragging the sides around in the list.  I will look into it, thank you.

In the meantime, right-click (or Ctrl+click) in the waveform display and select 'Regenerate waveform display'.  That should put things right.

OTOH, if you're renaming files outside VinylStudio (I hope you're not) then VinylStudio will get confused, so please don't do it that way.

dweinberg

Thank you Paul. 'Regenerate waveform display' took care of most of the track breaks and now the tracks are in alignment with the LP.

OK, thanks.  We have tracked down the bug and will include a fix in the next Beta.  I will post back here when that becomes available.

Hello again,

This is just to let you know that this has been attended to in the latest VinylStudio Beta (V13.0.0 Beta 1).  You can get that here:

https://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2567.0

If you encounter any problems, please let us know.  All feedback welcome.  Sorry it took so long.