News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Moving a partially recorded album to another collection -how ?

Started by LateJunction, November 27, 2022, 02:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LateJunction

Hi, I've read the forum topic of 23 July 2011, which appears to be relevant, but it doesn't seem correct to me. At this point of recording a 4 sided album I realise that I have created it in the wrong collection (VS assumed the same collection as the last recoding I completed). At this time I just have the 'raw' files from the recording stage - no action on editing track details or track breaks. I certainly don't want to save the 2 sides I have recorded so far because I have done no clean-up yet. So the reference in the 2011 forum post, to the 'More' button in 'Save Tracks', doesn't apply (aside from there being no such button in Vinyl Studio 12.5.3, that is!).

Should I wait until the recording of the Album is complete and saved and then move the saved (or 'exported') tracks to the correct collection? I don't see how that works*.

Or should I adopt the strategy of creating the album again, in the correct collection, and importing the 2 'raw' sides I have recorded into this 'new' Album and then remove/delete the same-named Album from the wrong collection?

* By way of clarification I should say that (possibly unnecessarily) I keep the raw files, by collection, in one folder (which I consider to be my master files) on an external drive and then the cleaned-up, saved and organised (by artist, title, track etc) audio files in another folder on a different external device, from which  I then play them.

Finally, I've been using VS for I about 6 years now. It is a most satisfying and vital application which I think brings you great credit.

"The British people love music; they just don't like the noise it makes"

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

You can transfer the album across now.  Whatever sides you have recorded will be transferred and you can then pick up where you left off.  Point is, any audio cleanup is 'remembered' by VinylStudio, rather than being directly applied to your raw recordings, so whether or not you have done any is moot.

Your strategy of separating your raw recordings from your saved tracks is a good one, and hanging on to the raw recordings is wise, since you might want to apply further or different audio cleanup later (after which you would save your tracks again, ofc).

PS: Glad you like the software, thanks for taking the time to say.