News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

The installation failed.

Started by cannieman, February 14, 2022, 07:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cannieman

Hi - I just purchased vinylstudio pro, tried to install on my machine (v12.5.2 on macOS Monterey 12.1) and on the summary page of the installer:

The installation failed.
The installer encountered an error that caused the
installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer
for assistance.

Any advice, thanks

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Sorry about this.  We are aware that V12.5.2 displays this message on a small minority of machines and will have a fix in a day or two, initially as Beta software.  When we do, we will post back here and you can try it.  The Beta will also fix one or two bugs.

In the meantime, the software has probably actually installed correctly as the error occurs when the installer is trying to tidy up at the end, so please have a look in your Applications folder or in Launchpad and you should find it in there.  Please let us know if not.

cannieman

Yes, sorry I did not check to see if the installation had completed anyway. Doh! So I have installed and registered now. Thanks a lot  :)

No worries.  As I say, we'll post back here when the Beta is available and would be grateful if you would try it.

Hi,

An updated Beta - V12.5.3 Beta 2 - has now been made available which fixes this issue.  It also includes some other fixes.

If anyone wants it, it's available here:

https://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2567.0

We will make a formal release once we know that no further problems are going to show up.