News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

How to store tracks by both composer and performer attributes

Started by LateJunction, February 06, 2017, 10:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LateJunction

Having just obtained a licence to use VS my knowledge level of its functions is still low so my question might be irrelevant.

I'm digitising my collection of vinyl LPs, the majority of which are classical. One objective is to finally get the digitised music onto my 'iGadgets' as well as playing the digital form of the music on my analogue hifi. To this end I want to be able 'store' the digital forms in the folders that are organised by both artist/performer and composer. I cannot see a way to do this: when I create a new album I'm given the option of identifying only the artist/performer. Saved tracks are filed in the collection file by this artist/performer name. However, my preferred method would be to be able to choose which digital form to play on the basis of Composer first (I have multiple different performances of the same work), followed by Artist/Performer. Sometimes I want to choose by artist/performer and then composer (when I want to listen to all the works by one quartet for example). Finally I might like to start by choosing the work first.

Is there any way the digital forms can be organised in this way?
"The British people love music; they just don't like the noise it makes"

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

VinylStudio only has the two fields for identifying an album unfortunately so you might be out of luck but could you make creative use of the Genre field?

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Update (silly me): there's a composer field in both the Edit Album Details window and the Edit Track Details window.  If specified for a track, it overrides the setting for the album.  Most of the file formats that VinylStudio can generate when saving tracks have a tag for this field.