News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Why/how is Unknown artwork displayed when playing saved tracks?

Started by LateJunction, February 08, 2017, 10:47:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LateJunction

I have a number of instances where I have recorded and saved a multi-track LP for which I have found and applied artwork (using the edit Album function). The individual tracks plus a file named 'folder.jpg' are stored under the album folder name. The latest example has 4 tracks in the folder. The first displays the artwork I expect, matching the image in 'folder,jpg'. The other 3 tracks in the album display the same, incorrect, image which is, strangely, reasonably appropriate to the music but is for a different piece of music entirely. I have no idea where it has come from. What am I doing wrong?
"The British people love music; they just don't like the noise it makes"

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

What player are you using and what file format are you saving to?  For most file formats, the artwork is actually stored in the files themselves, provided that 'embed album art' is checked in the File Options dialog when saving.  Folder.jpg is used only by Windows Media Player.

LateJunction

For the time being, while I am in the process of building up knowledge of how to use VS correctly, I am using VLC as a player, with files saved as FLAC. When I move to the point of listening to rather than creating the recordings I will be using something like iTunes (rarely), but mostly (under Linux) Rythmbox and VLC and whatever player it is in the ICE implementation in my car
"The British people love music; they just don't like the noise it makes"

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

OK, well, would you like to send me a couple of files, one which displays the correct artwork and one that does not, and I will take a look.  Please email them to:

p DOT sanders AT alpinesoft DOT co DOT uk

Thanks.