News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Discogs Authorization

Started by sdmc229, October 17, 2014, 08:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdmc229

I have gotten the Auth code from discogs and entered it in the field. The page looks for the album i selected, and then comes back with the need to authorize again. I just go around the loop and can't move forward. Is this a known issue or something just happening to me?

TIA,
Shawn

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Are you on Windows or Macintosh please?  Please check also that your computer's time, date and time zone settings are correct.

Also, please post screenshots of:

• Discogs' website, showing the authorisation code
  • VinylStudio's authorisation screen, showing the code pasted in
Thanks.

sdmc229

Windows. Checked time settings, and rebooted.

Hi,

Thanks for this.  It's possible that your IP address might be blocked by Discogs.  Can you please check with them if this is the case?  You can contact them here:

https://www.discogs.com/support/new

Thanks.

sdmc229

Thanks. I submitted a request.

Hi,

I've got something else for you to try.  Go to Discogs and revoke access for VinylStudio to your account.  You do this via Settings -> Applications.  Then try to authorise again.

Please let me know if this helps.

sdmc229

Thanks Paul. I gave that a try but it didn't work. I expect to hear back from discogs tomorrow.

Shawn

sdmc229

Here is the response from discogs:

That IP address doesn't appear to be blocked; however, it looks like our logs are getting a 401 error from that IP. You may want to contact VinylStudio about this.

OK, thank you.  I will take it up with them - I don't believe the error is at our end.

sdmc229

cwenn218

I am having this same problem. When looking up info on Discogs it prompts me for activation I enter the activation code and it appears to be connecting, it then prompts me again. I tried the fixes mentioned in this thread and they did not help. Discogs lookups worked last night.

Hi,

I posted a message on the Discogs support forum about this.  They also have some other reports and are looking into it.

sdmc229

I was looking through their forum and wondered if that was your post

Thanks
Shawn

cwenn218

Discogs started working again. I did not do anything.

Quote from: cwenn218 on October 21, 2014, 02:23:16 AM
Discogs started working again. I did not do anything.
Neither did I!  i will post back to this thread if and when I have more news.