News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

De-selection

Started by TheLastMan, May 09, 2013, 10:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheLastMan

Small query, probably missing something very obvious!  Occasionally I accidentally drag the cursor in the Cleanup Audo tab creating a selection.  Simple question, how do I "de-select" the selection? Other than selecting another selection?  It would be useful to have that option on the right click menu when hovering over the selected area.

Generally I have to say what a brilliant piece of software!  I have been using it for two years now and recorded about 100 LPs which I can play through my Squeezeboxes or iPod.  A lot of these are rare indie albums from the late '80s and early '90s that are not available on streaming services or downloads and the CDs are expensive or generally hard to find.  So it is great to be able to record an LP to give me a digital copy to carry around.  Often I have not listened to an album for 10 or 20 years so it is a great way to rediscover stuff.

Just recorded Slinky by the Milltown Brothers that I have not listened to since 1991.  What a brilliant LP! Got 5 stars in Q magazine and it was great to rediscover it.

I am so glad I did not bin or sell my LP collection when I bought a CD player, like many of my friends did.
---------------
Matt

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

To clear the selection ... press Esc.  Glad you like the software.

TheLastMan

Wow, that really is simple! However not entirely intuitive or compliant with other software.  I cannot think of another program where you press the Esc button to clear a selection.  I also would not press the Esc button randomly either.

I have now found the note in the help file, but it took a bit of digging around.  Perhaps you could state it in the "Toolbar" instructions for the "play selection" button where you repeat the instructions for selecting, as well as in the body of the text.
---------------
Matt