News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

A question of trackbeats

Started by zouave114, May 01, 2013, 02:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zouave114

Learning more day by day, and enjoying it. I see that sometimes a problem Vinyl comes up, where you can't come up with info from the net for track timings, or an album that really kind of runs together with really a small hint of a silence. I was recording Stravinsky's Firebird Suite 1979 Carlo Maria Giulini -Angel Sonic Series a full sized 45 RPM. The album itself lists the separate names of pieces on each side, but lumps the total track time together. I guess this confuses the software, and it will not save the track titles listed and asks for trackbeats. What do I do if there aren't any noticeable trackbeats to enter? Perhaps I shouldn't list the track names to get around this? (Don't really care if I don't have them, as long as the piece plays). I tried autoscan, but it was incorrect as it read more silent non-stop transitions from one to the other as stops.

Jeff

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Yes, if you don't want the additional track names then just delete them.  Alternatively, you can flag tracks to be saved (or not) in the Edit Track Details dialog.  That apart, VinylStudio does require that every named track have a corresponding trackbreak.

Scanning for trackbreaks does not work well for classical music, because it tends to have gaps (or quiet passages) all over the place.

zouave114

Aha! I get it. Once again, a prompt, helpful response! Thanks so much for improving my day! I'm having a ball reviving my old vinyl as well as preparing them to put onto a new iPod as a birthday gift for my 89 year old WW2 Vet father-in law.

Jeff