News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Can I set channel balance for an imbalanced digital (USB) input?

Started by JoeK, June 04, 2017, 10:34:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeK

Hi,

I am using a PS Audio Network Phono Converter via its USB output to record my vinyl.  My ancient turntable/cartridge combination has the left channel output considerably lower than the right.

Although I can't find it within the literature or the software interface itself, is there any way within Vinyl Studio to compensate for this imbalance when I record the audio?

Thank you for any info you may have!

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

You will find some preamp sliders in the Graphic Equaliser window, which you can reach via the 'Adjust filter settings' button in the toolbar beneath the waveform display in the Cleanup Audio window.  These are applied after recording and can be set individually for each channel.

Save them as a preset for ease of application and perhaps set them as a default in the Cleanup Audio menu.

JoeK

JoeK

Found the settings.  From your response I gather there is no way to adjust the "gain" on the front end, i.e., while recording?  Doing any manipulation prior to or at recording time may have unintended consequences that I am not currently aware of.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

That's right, you have to do it after recording.  Many USB devices don't support it at record time.