News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Saving collection/recordings

Started by Truckman, May 28, 2013, 04:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truckman

Thanks for a great product! Changed to this over different software and can't believe how much better it is, very pleased. After recording and converting 40-50 albums and saving them as wave files, I see I will be using more space than I have available on my laptop. I purchased a large external drive to prevent this but have a few questions. In the settings I have changed the save location ok, and have re-saved my recorded albums to this new location. By looking though the forums it seems there is no way to have everything (record, edit, etc) go direct to the external drive. Is this correct, and if so how do I free up the space once I have burned and saved. also I'm not clear on how to archive (using a MAC computer). This may be a simple issue but I don't want to start deleting  info before I know it is saved on the new drive. Thanks for any help from the more experienced users.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

You can move your collection (.mcf) file and 'raw' recordings to your external drive if you wish via the Finder.  Then open your collection in its new location from within VinylStudio, and finally delete the old files from your internal disk.  There is a section in the VinylStudio Help file entitled 'Where are my Files Located' (under Importing and Exporting Files) which explains where everything is stored.

The usual way to make backups on the Mac is to use Time Machine. but you would need a second external drive (perhaps connected only temporarily) for this to be effective.

Truckman

Thank You, I will give that a try. Sounds like it will do just what I want if I follow your instructions.