News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Waveform zoom.

Started by matthew, March 19, 2013, 04:15:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matthew

Hi,

Quick question, when I zoom in on a waveform  to inspect say a scratch etc. I guess the y axis is also zoomed showing my waveform peaks as being clipped at the top.
Is there a mechanism to just zoom on the x axis (time axis)? or is the clipping real on the y axis?
(Studio didnt show any clipping during recording if it is real)

Thanks,
Matthew

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

No, the Y-axis is zoomed separately (via the 'vertical zoom' dropdown), and is entirely independent of the X axis. 

What recording device and operating system are you using?  It's possible for clipping to occur without VinylStudio seeing it with some USB devices on Windows Vista and later.

matthew

Hi Paul,
I seem to remember that last night the zoom
drop down  options wasn't working with my VS install.
I thought it was a bit odd but wasn't sure if that's
what it was.
(If you remember I have the beta non release version at the
moment on the mac that you sent.)
Will check out later.
Thanks
Matthew

matthew

Hi paul,

Just checked when splitting tracks the vertical drop down doesnt seem to work most of the time when clicking
and zooms x and y.

However in the cleanup window the zoom works as expected and the dropdown is ok.

Matthew

Hi,

Yes, there's no vertical zoo in the Split Tracks window.  But the horizontal zoom does not affect the vertical zoom in any way (i.e. in the Split Tracks window, it is always 1).

VinylStudio V8.5.0 has now been formally released.  You can get it from the main website:

http://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/VinylStudio/download.aspx

It won't change any of the behaviour you're seeing though.  That is all as it has always been.

matthew

Hi Paul,

Which is the best method, should I use the website download or get the new version from the app store?

Thanks,
Matthew

Hi,

The new version isn't in the app store yet. but if you download and install from our website it will recognise your app store receipt and run normally.