News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Popups about previous share on MacOS

Started by vinylvark, March 16, 2024, 03:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinylvark

I moved an SMB share from 1 server to another. I dismounted the old shares and mounted the new ones. The shares provide the location for my Vinyl Recordings and exports.

From MacOS mount and Vinyl Studio, nothing has changed. The mount is still /Volumes/vinyl-recordings. Credentials have been provided and stored in the keychain.

I opened vinyl studio for the first time (after upgrading to premium  ;D  ;) ) and it saw all previous recordings. I started recording first side, and its stored in the new location just fine. But when I clicked stop (at the end) I get a spinning beach ball and eventually a popup about unable to connect to the old servername. I can close it and Vinyl studio continues to work fine. The record has been stored in the new location.

I continued recording but the message about the old server kept popping up. I checked settings, reset and saved the new location (unchanged but tried that nonetheless). Now side C failed because 6 mins into recording VS threw an error that it could not keep up and I should close other applications.

When I closed that, I got another beach ball and more popups about the old server.

In MacOS, there is nothing I can find about the old server. Its disconnected and the new mounts are all working fine.

I don't understand where its coming from. The popups are from MacOS I think, but they are only triggered from Vinyl Studio, I don't ever get these popups from any other application nor on any of my other Macs.

Any ideas please?

Thanks!

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Weird, I too am stumped, I've never seen that message.

Maybe ditch the share you're using and create a new one with a different name / mount point.  Then open your collection there and see if the problem goes away.

vinylvark

WHen I started VS today it got stuck for a minute and then came up with the same popup.

You cannot view this attachment.

I first tried to create a DNS record to resolve the old servername to the new one. That didn't work, and I then disconnected the shares in MacOS and renamed the SMB sharenames. Reattached them and changed VS paths.

The one that fixed it was the collection. When I closed that and reopened to the new share the popups disappeared.

I changed the sharename back to the original name. Closed the collection in VS and reopened it after reconnecting the shares and it timed out and gave me the popup again.

The problem seems to be reproducable. If you find the time maybe you or someone else with a Mac can try and reproduce this?

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Sorry, no, no time.  If you have something that works I'd go with that.