News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Problems with version 14.

Started by NestorLeone, March 13, 2024, 10:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sidnancee

Hello - I just downloaded and installed 14.0.4. I can't attest to whether my inability to save has been fixed, because the timeline issue (which I think was resolved in 14.0.3) is back. That's where the wave form in the timeline, does not match what I'm actually hearing from the timeline (same issue as previously reported). I'll email the screen cap

NestorLeone

Yes. just as Sidnancee says, the issues are back. just like version 14.0.

Just recorded an Lp. and even though side one has full waveform drawn, at aprox. 15 min. when playing, the program freezes and stops all audio.

Side two shows all blank, as if it wasn't evene recorded. Obviously all attemps to start playing after the fist 15 min, do nothing.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Sorry guys, will fix

Fixed, 30th March 2024.   We've released it as a Beta:

https://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2567.0

Sorry for the hassle, all.

Basilio

i can finally save all tracks with the new 14.0.5 Beta 1 version, thanks for all the hard work.

i did notice though, that after saving the tracks the filters get cleared/reset now, this was certainly not the behavior in previous versions, hope it was just an oversight and not the new default.

OK, we'll look into that (seems odd, I can't think of a reason)

NestorLeone

Quote from: Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft) on March 30, 2024, 09:01:54 AMFixed, 30th March 2024.   We've released it as a Beta:

Sorry for the hassle, all.

Sorry but still having problems.

Recorded 3 LPs today. Inserted track breaks. Listened. Everything OK so far.

When I saved the first two LPs, 4 songs on each side on both of them, the last song of each side was.... empty!

In the third record, the first song OK. Second song cut out at 75% of it's total time.... the rest of the songs: empty!

By empty, I mean nothing could be heard. Files had content but couldn't be played.

I was able to listen to them OK in the original VS recording, but not the saved files.

Went back to V13. Saved them again. Noted slight differences in file sizes. And this time the songs were good.

So sorry, we will fix this.  I was in a big rush this morning and didn't have time to test the software fully.  Please leave it with me and I'll try to release another Beta tomorrow (Sunday)

Quote from: Basilio on March 30, 2024, 04:11:57 PMI noticed that after saving the tracks the filters get cleared/reset now
Hi,

I can't reproduce this problem.  Can you take me through the steps you went through please?  We must be doing different things.  Thanks.

Quote from: Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft) on March 30, 2024, 09:57:26 PMSo sorry, we will fix this.  I was in a big rush this morning and didn't have time to test the software fully.  Please leave it with me and I'll try to release another Beta tomorrow (Sunday)
OK, V14.0.5 Beta 2 (now out) finally fixes DSD saves.  Thanks all for your patience.

Basilio

Quote from: Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft) on March 31, 2024, 11:49:44 AMHi,

I can't reproduce this problem.  Can you take me through the steps you went through please?  We must be doing different things.  Thanks.

1. set the filter looking for status: (no status), Newly Added, Recorded, Track Split and Cleaned
2. Save tracks, while saving, the filter is still applied and show only albums that have not been saved.
3. once its done saving files, but before closing the window showing the summary of the actions taken (XX tracks saved in X seconds...), the filter is reset and all albums are shown

OK Basilo, this is a bug.

The *intended* behaviour (and V14.0.5 Beta 3 will fix this) is that, *if the filter includes 'Tracks Saved'*, then filtering is left enabled.  If not, the album would 'disappear', so filtering is cleared.

We will also include the number of status values you can filter on from 5 to 10.

NestorLeone

Quote from: Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft) on March 31, 2024, 01:15:03 PMOK, V14.0.5 Beta 2 (now out) finally fixes DSD saves.  Thanks all for your patience.

Finally I was able to test it today and it worked like a charm!!! Thanks Paul!!

Cool, thank you.  We're getting there.

NestorLeone