News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Problems with version 14.

Started by NestorLeone, March 13, 2024, 10:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NestorLeone

Yesterday I got the popup that a new version had been put out. It surprised me that no beta had come prior to this version 14, but I went along and download it and installed it.

No problem recording in DSD. But, when I opened the file to split songs, the waveform was not accurate with what was playing, the separators suddenly were out of place. 

I regenerated the waveform display, but nothing changed. Then I started listening the whole file and there were parts missing!!! songs that started a few minutes in. Or without endings. AS if some kind of index with all the samples was broken.

I then opened up an old recording that i knew had no problems, but the same happened.

I uninstalled and tried downloading an older version but couldn't find one.  So I reinstalled v14. The same situation repeated.

Is there something wrong with this version for DSD files?

Is there a way to got back to v13.x  ?

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Sorry about this.  Please leave it with us, I will take a look tomorrow.

NestorLeone

Ok. Thanks Paul. It seems in lots of files that after 45 min, everything goes kaboom! LOL.

IS there a way to get a previous version?

sidnancee

Ditto. The exact same thing is happening to me.

Paul - I sent a tech email through saying the same thing.

V13 installers:

https://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/VinylStudio/backups/V13_15_16/VSInstall.exe (Windows)

https://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/VinylStudio/backups/V13_15_16/VinylStudio-Installer.pkg (Mac)

In both cases, uninstall V14 (or delete it from your Applications folder) before you reinstall.

**IMPORTANT** Your 'Premium' key won't work with VinylStudio 13, so if you upgraded, please re-register VinylStudio with your previous key.

-----

Apologies for the hassle, we will look into this today.

Mostropovich

My problem with the new v.14 is that when I play the music files previously saved with V.13 (and they can be played with other software) the only sound output is crackle (no music),  I have reinstalled V.13 and all seems OK.

@Mostropovich Can you contact us via our website please to sort this out:

https://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/contact_us.aspx

Thanks.

--------

OK, no need, we know the cause now and will fix it.

Quote from: NestorLeone on March 13, 2024, 11:21:23 PMOk. Thanks Paul. It seems in lots of files that after 45 min, everything goes kaboom! LOL.

"Kaboom?" - what means this?  Please advise, both of you

NestorLeone

Quote from: Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft) on March 16, 2024, 02:03:06 PM"Kaboom?" - what means this?  Please advise, both of you

LOL. What I meant was that mostly by the end of each recording was where I saw most differences and cuts. But in fact is that the waveform somehow formed incorrectly (always shorter) and lost sync with the audio.

OK, please to send screenshot(s):

p DOT sanders AT alpinesoft DOT co DOT uk

Thx

... Need 'em today (Sunday) dude, deadline day for us for the next release is Monday.

Mostropovich

Quote from: Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft) on March 15, 2024, 02:06:07 AM@Mostropovich Can you contact us via our website please to sort this out:

https://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/contact_us.aspx

Thanks.

--------

OK, no need, we know the cause now and will fix it.
Thanks. I will try the amended version once you've done the fix.
 :)

NestorLeone

Sorry but sundays I'm not around.

I have to reinstall v14 to send you the screenshots, so give me a few hours.

Now back to v13, the one from the links above, I had a problem that might be or might not be related:

1. recorded DSD - PERFECT
2. saved tracks as DSD - PERFECT
3. saved tracks as WAV or FLAC - tracks 1,2,3 are about 7 min average, ALL OK. track 4 is 20 min in lenght and there is no way that is saved ok. Always came up al mixed up. Unlistenable. Tracks 5, 6, etc, all started past their markings.

I tried using just 1 thread to save, but didn't change the outcome.

Hmmm.  Is this with version 13?

NestorLeone

Yes. it was with version 13. The one posted above.

Today, I got the popup for v14.1, and I went ahead and installed it.

Recorded an LP in DSD. Checked the track breaks. All good so far.

Hit Save. Tracks 1,2,3,4 (side A) all good.... but Side B..... as you can see in the screenshot attached, says no track break defined, but they are!!!

So, uninstalled V14, and went back again to v13. Hit Save tracks.... and everything Ok. Side A and B were correctly saved.