News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Duplicate Album / Split Tracks Out

Started by dweinberg, January 05, 2023, 08:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dweinberg

I'm back after a long break and continuing to rip a large collection of albums. Today I finished ripping Bruce Springsteen's Live / 1975-85 (a great album if I do say so :) Within the box set of 5 discs, there is a 45 RPM that is probably not part of the set. However, ripped as disc 6, sides 11 and 12.

I want to split those out and identify them as a single 45. My thought is to duplicate the box set and delete sides 11 and 12 preserving the box set itself and then do the same by deleting sides 1 through 10 keeping just sides 11 and 12 for the single. Alternately, can I export sides 11 and 12 as a new album (i.e., single 45)? Either would work for me. I'm just not certain how to do so.

Thanks,

David

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed response but no notification came through to me for some reason.

Anyway, tricky one.  Easiest thing is probably to delete sides 11 and 12 ('Remove recordings') and then re-record the single as a separate 'album'.  There are ways to avoid re-recording, but unless your turntable is no longer hooked up, they're probably not worth pursuing.

But feel free to ask again and I'll figure out a way.