News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Music file won't save to Apple Music

Started by Freddy, November 16, 2022, 12:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freddy

I am running macOS Monterey 12.6.2

I am running the Beta Version. I am able to digitize LPs, but when saved, the music files do not save to Apple music.

I was able to burn CDs and then load then to Apple Music, but that is not the most efficient means.

I recently accepted a 6 month trial to Apple Music.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Can you provide a bit more detail please?  Is there an error message?  This does work, something out of the ordinary must be happening.

One thing is to not save your tracks in WAV format (it's fine to *record* to WAV format, but that's a different thing).  Instead please choose from one of AAC (lossy), AIFF (lossless) or Apple Lossless (erm, lossless :).  We dropped support for WAV files because iTunes / Music don't handle the tags properly.

Freddy

I changed the output from Wav to ACC. I also unchecked, Delete tracks saved by VinylStudio after adding to Music. The music copied over to Apple Music as it did in the past. Problem solved. Thank you.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Great, thanks.  Sorry about our flaky forum, we'll see if we can fix that.

Note to other posters: please don't use 'smart' quotes, they upset the forum software for some reason.

Edit:

I think the 'smart quotes' issue is fixed now as we have upgraded our forum software.