News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Default Recording Device setting?

Started by JohnnyStaccato, March 19, 2022, 05:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnnyStaccato

Somehow my default recording device has changed to the internal microphone. I would like to change it to "Line In". I can change the recording device to Line In easily before each recording, but can't seem to find how to change the default device. Anyone know how to accomplish this?

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

You shouldn't need to change it before each recording - if you set it in the Input Device dropdown in VinylStudio's Check Level dialog then VinylStudio will remember it.

If you still want to change the default device (i.e. the one that Windows treats as the default) then click on 'Recording Controls'.  That will open the Windows Settings app at the relevant place.  But as I say, that's not necessary to get VinylStudio to do what you want.

JohnnyStaccato

Thanks for the quick reply. I should have noted in the original post that I'm on a Mac. I don't see where to click on Recording Controls anywhere. There's a Recording Options, but that is more about the file options than any hardware settings.
It does appear to be staying with Line In, but I recently found it set to Internal Microphone and I'm pretty sure I didn't change it so I guess I'm being paranoid. Would feel safer if I could change the default. Can you tell me how to do this on a Mac?
Thanks.

Hi,

It's in the Sound section of the System Preferences pane.

JohnnyStaccato

Sorry, it's probably right in front of me but I can't find where you mean. In the preferences there's no Sound Section I can see.

I also looked through the options menu but couldn't find anything there. I'm using VinylStudio Pro V12.5.2 Intel 64 bit (sandboxed)
Thanks for your help

Sorry, I could have been clearer.  That's VinylStudio's Preferences dialog.  You want the Mac's built-in System Preferences app.  You can get to it from the Apple menu in the menubar at the top of the screen.

JohnnyStaccato

I see. Thanks for walking me through it!