News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Copying and pasting a selection

Started by Michael Moore, March 29, 2022, 06:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Moore

I recorded a 6-LP opera album and accidentally got one of the sides out of order. I can select the bit of music I'd like to move to its proper place, but I don't seem to be able to copy-paste or cut-paste it either in the Cleanup Audio or Split Tracks tabs. Is this something that I can do in Vinyl Studio or do I need to export the WAV file to some other editor, get it in proper order there and reimport it into Vinyl Studio for cleanup and track splitting?

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

If you recorded each album side as a separate file, you can just drag the sides around in the list of recorded files in the Split Tracks window.  Then (because bug, which we will fix), right-click in the waveform display (or Ctrl+click, on the Mac) and select 'Regenerate waveform display' to put the waveform display right.

If you recorded everything as one big file then VinylStudio can't help you with this I'm afraid.  Your best bet would be to edit the file in Audacity, then resume working on it in VinylStudio.

Michael Moore

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, it was recorded all as a single file. Ah, well...

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

OK, sorry about that.  It is usually more convenient to do it that way.

Audacity is a useful adjunct to VinylStudio for tasks like this.  It's a free download - Google will find it.