News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Opening Moved Collection

Started by alanse15, March 10, 2022, 11:31:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanse15

Good Morning, I finished my vinyl collection saving all tracks on the main hard drive. Now that it is complete I moved the saved files to an external drive but when opening these all I get is 'File Cannot be found' even though LP track titles and length etc are visible in the Studio software, it just doesn't show the music waveforms to enable future editing? I have tried open collection but it looks for .mcf file type whereas all my tracks are in .wav format.

pasted error message from screen below:
Cannot open file:

F:\Vinyl Studio\LP's\The_Beatles~1967_2~side1.wav

error 2 (The system cannot find the file specified)

You can remove this file via the list of recordings in the Cleanup Audio window or select Check for Changes from the Album menu at any time.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Please don't move files around manually - it just causes trouble, as you have seen.

Do you still have the originals, in their original locations?  If you do, then VinylStudio Pro has facilities to move or copy them for you.

VinylStudio Pro costs $49.95, or is a $24.95 upgrade from VinylStudio Standard.  Full details here:

https://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/VinylStudio/VinylStudio_pro.aspx

If you have deleted the originals after copying them across then I will do my best to help you, but I hope very much that that is not the case.

alanse15

Many thanks Paul for quick response and I'm afraid I do not have the originals on the hard drive, I used Cut/paste function (!). Now that I have digitised my complete Vinyl collection do not see the need to buy the Pro version and I must compliment AlpineSoft for having such a good software for free, I found it easy to use and to be honest I achieved a very good outcome, I expect some of the tracks could be cleaner but definitely suits my needs. If you can help it would be appreciated but if not then at least I have my collection on my computer (Windows Media Player) and my Cocktail Audio streaming box.

Regards

Alan

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

OK, there's a section in the VinylStudio Help file entitled 'Where are my Files Located' (under 'Importing and Exporting Files') which should help you with this.  Then, once the files are all in the right place, open your .mcf file in VinylStudio via File -> Menu -> Open Collection.

HTH.