News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

FLAC format compatibility

Started by PeterS, February 25, 2022, 06:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterS

I recorded a lot of my LPs in VinylStudio and exported them in flac format to save space on my HD. I can play those files with no problems through iTunes, Amarra, VLC, etc.

However, my recently purchased Innuos Mk 3 server/ripper will not play these files. The server does accept FLAC etc. formats, though? Any thoughts?

Thanks

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

The most likely reason is that the Innuos doesn't like FLAC files with embedded album art.  You could try saving a track or album with this option disabled to see if that keeps it happy.

Apart from that, the FLAC files produced by VinylStudio are perfectly standard, so if you're still unable to play them I would talk to Innuos themselves:

https://innuos.com/contact/

PeterS

Thank you for responding. I'll be happy to try what you suggest. How do you disable the export of album art in VinylStudio?

When you kick off a save, VinylStudio displays a confirmation dialog before proceeding.  In there, you will find a 'FLAC File Options' button.  Click that and there is an 'Embed Album Art' checkbox in the next dialog.  Just uncheck that and then carry on as normal.  VinylStudio will remember that setting until you change it back.

PeterS

Thanks. It worked. Appreciate the feedback.

OK, good.  Maybe you'd like to tell Innuos about this.  They really shouldn't have this issue.

PeterS

I am in contact with Innuos customer support, described the issue, and sent them a sample flac file. They are supposedly working on it???? We shall see.

Excellent, thank you.  If you get any kind of follow up from them, could you post it here please?  Just so we know what's what.  Maybe they will issue some kind of firmware update at some point (if they have a way of applying that in the field).

PeterS

Innuos informed me that the work around (per your suggestion) of turning off the 'album art' at export is for now the best solution. Their development team will look into this and we will see if, when, and what comes from this.

OK, thanks.  Don't hold your breath!

PeterS