News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Songs won't play on computer using Groove Music nor On my Astell & Kern SR25.

Started by pjlawall@comcast.net, July 07, 2021, 01:33:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjlawall@comcast.net

Hi, I recently bought the pro version of Vinyl Studio to Digitize my old record collection.

So far I seem to be working out how to record and save the songs on my hard drive. I am saving the files as FLAC. However, the files do not play on the Groove music player on my PC nor when I load them into my Astell & Kern SR25 player. The files are either not recognized or unplayable. However, on my PC the files play fine with Winamp.

I need to get this sorted before I spend a lot of time making recordings that won't play. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks  Pete

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

What sample rate and bit depth are you saving your *tracks* at, please?  Not all players support all formats, especially 20 bits per sample.

pjlawall@comcast.net

Hi Paul,

I think I left them at default, checking the settings, I find the sample rate is 44.1 kHz and the bit depth is 20.

Based on your comment I suppose I should try 16 bit, however the SR25 supports high resolution files and I would think it would handle 20 bits as well. After looking up the specs on the SR25, it supports up to 32 bit/384 kHz.

On further investigation, I found that the SR25 handles 8/16/24/32 bit rates, so 20 could be the problem.

Thanks

Pete

pjlawall@comcast.net

OK, I recorded another album using 24 bit and now the files play on both Groove Music and the SR25!

Thanks again for the quick help

Pete

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

OK, thanks.

FYI, you don't need to re-record.  Just save your tracks as 24 bit.