News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

How to display collection for converting to mp3

Started by streetrodder, August 04, 2020, 10:20:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

streetrodder

It took a while to get back to this.

The process is working, just had a bit of a learning curve to figure out how to convert to MP3 and then save to a usb.

It appears to be a two step process.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

You can do it direct if you designate your USB drive as the target folder in VinylStudio's Settings / Preferences dialog, but you might not want to do that for other reasons.

streetrodder

If I do that, I'm guessing I'd need to move it back for all other work.

Would I  permanently lose my connection to the other saved work by doing so?

Hi,

You can change the folder to which VinylStudio writes your saved tracks at any time.  There's no 'connection' other than that.

streetrodder

Thanks, it would be useful when I convert multiple albums to mp3.

It'd be so much nicer if the players would play .wav files.

Most players will, although I don't see the advantage.  What are you playing your tracks on?

streetrodder

Usually in a vehicle, most often a rental, especially since most no longer have a CD player.

The .wav files are on my netbook computer, so I can play them any other time.

And then there's the whole 'what order the tracks play in' issue.  That varies from player to player.
Forget consistently hearing a concept album (Tommy, Dark Side..., etc.) in the proper order.

> And then there's the whole 'what order the tracks play in' issue.

Are you including the track number at the start of the filename for your saved tracks?  That usually fixes this (and that's what it's there for).

streetrodder

Yes, and I've tried renaming the tracks with the track number as the first two characters.

No difference.

Also happens with the Groove media player on my netbook.

Also tried resaving with the number AND in time order, in case it played from oldest to newest...

How annoying.  Did you try to see if you could get any change out of Microsoft?

streetrodder

Oh, lord no.   Wonder how the player on my Linux workstation would do...