News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Album Artist and Track Names show up as VSCollections on iOS devices

Started by tom_bray, August 24, 2020, 02:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tom_bray

Vinyl Studio Version 11.0.7 Apple Store 64 Bit (Sandboxed) (Vinyl Studio Pro)
OS is Catalina 10.15.6 (problem happened prior to the upgrade to this version but I hadn't run into it)
iTunes (Music) 10.0.6.10

When I import an album from VinylStudio into Apple's Music, everything seems to show up correctly on the Mac but on my phone and iPad some of the albums list the artists and all the tracks as VSCollections or My Music (these are the two directories that I have been saving my work into). One example is Elton John's Tumbleweed Connection, the artist on Apple Music shows it as Elton John, and it lists the tracks correctly. I look at it on my iPhone, the, possibly compilation name is VSCollections, artist is unknown, and all the tracks are named VSCollections. For Paul McCartney's Give My Regards to Broad Street, the collection is listed as My Albums, artist is unknown, and all the tracks are My Albums.

Usually I end up having to import albums more than once because I forget to check the correct sample rate and bit depth.

Any ideas on what is happening? Or is there some setting I am not doing correctly?

One side note is that I have a Mac mini that has a fairly small internal disk so my music collection sits on an external USB SSD drive (properly formatted for Apple).

tom_bray

Further exploration indicates that the iOS devices are using the "Working Name" for grouping the songs (iOS does display the correct information when playing the song) and there is some field that VinylStudio is putting that name into and it is being picked up. I can't find any place to be able to change that. This is related to grouping or whatever in Apple Music.

The workaround for this problem seems to be to delete the Working Name but Apple Music won't let me do that, at least it won't allow me to save it.

For some reason, I think I had this problem before and there was a fix for it but it may have been a chat session or something because I can't find an email related to it.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

To fix this, please uncheck 'Include grouping tag in saved tracks' in VinylStudio's Preferences dialog and then save your tracks again and resync your phone.