News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

VinylStudio Pro and Mytek Brooklyn ADC on Mac

Started by JL, August 14, 2019, 08:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JL

Hi,
I bought VinylStudio Pro few days ago and would like to use it to record DSD (128 or 256) from a Mytek Brooklyn ADC connected on my Mac (runing MacOS Mojave 10.14.6) by USB.

However, up to now, I couldn't obtain good settings on both, the software, and the hardware, resulting in this message :

"The incoming audio (PCM) does not match the DSD setting in the DSD Input dropdown (DSD).  Please either:
a)   change the dropdown to match the DSD setting on your input device, or
b)   change the DSD setting on your input device to match the dropdown.

Then click Retry.
You may also need to set the recording level slider to maximum when making DSD recordings."

Has anybody achieved this and could help me please ?

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

You need to select DoP on the front panel of the Brooklyn to make this work.  Did you try that?

JL

Hi,
I tried to select DoP on the Brooklyn ADC, however, even if DoP is selected and displays DSD 128, when I go to "check level" in VinylStudio and select DSD Input : DoP DSD128, it changes the DSD type on the ADC (ie : DSD 128 becomes DSD 256).

Moreover, I used to listen sound from the Mac by using the AES output of the ADC as playback device.
However, since I ran VinylStudio and tried to play with settings, I have no more outgoing sound this way.
The best I can get to listen sound now is set the native mode (PCM) under VinylStudio, and then I have some sound mixed with white noise. Then, no sound anymore once I close VinylStudio.

Any help about this two problems is very welcome.

OK, I will do some tests and get back to you.

JL

Thank you a lot, I'll let you know until then if I have any good news on my side.

Hi,

I tested DSD input and found no problems, both DoP and QDoP.  I can't test AES output with my setup here unfortunately.  I tested with Mojave 10.14.4

What firmware version do you have installed on your Mytek?  I have version 1.41.  You can check with the Mytek control panel, available here:

https://mytekdigital.com/professional/support/

JL

Hi,

I have Mojave 10.14.6, and the Mytek firmware is 2.00 STBL rev. 0785

I could have the AES output to work back.

Can you tell me the Mytek settings you use as I'd like to try DoP and QDoP please ?

Here are the ones I try :
PC Format : DoP
Input Gain : 0dB
Headroom : 18
Input : Bal
Mode : PC
Aes Out : U 12
Spdif Out : ADC
Opto Out : ADC
Clock Source : INT

OK, thanks.  I will test here with the version 2 firmware.

JL

Thank you a lot.

btw, here is the problem I had with the AES output : when trying to use DSD as input in VinylStudio, it changes the system's output's format too (ie 352800 Hz) so I have to put it back to something like 48000 Hz in iOS audio settings in order to use AES.

Hello again,

Well, I updated my firmware to the same version as you and everything (still) works perfectly, but maybe you have some unreliability in your USB connection.  Any problems here will cause the error message you are seeing.

So, I suggest you:

- try a different USB cable and / or port

- keep the cable short

- don't connect via a hub

You could also see what Mytek have to say.  I am running out of ideas, sorry.

JL

Hi,

thank you a lot.
Glad it still works with the last firmware.

Before buying a new USB cable, I'd like to be sure my settings are ok (same as yours) on both sides, the Mytek ADC and the software.

I join some screenshots of mines.

Let me know if they seem OK or if I missed something ?

Thanks again !

JL

JL

Hi,

Please try unchecking 'My audio device generates DSD when the sample rate is set to a mnultiple of 176kHz' in VinylStudio's Recording Options dialog (the Mytek does not do this).