News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

VinylStudio Freezes When Recording

Started by StephenJK, July 31, 2019, 02:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StephenJK

I've been using VinylStudio for years, but only recently with a hardware change have started to record with it as opposed to processing an existing file. 

The program freezes after about 5 minutes or so.  The only reference I can find on these forums goes back to 2013.  I've tried what was suggested with no success. 

I do have a dmp file if that is of any use and can email to any address provided.  It's too large to attach with this message.

I'm recording from a bi-directional USB connection at 24/96 and do not monitor when recording. 

Stephen

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Please try unchecking 'Use WASAPI for Recording' in VinylStudio's Check Level dialog.  You can reach this dialog from the Record window.

StephenJK

Paul,

I did try that but it didn't make any difference.

OK, that sounds like some kind of hardware or driver issue, but do please send the .dmp file to: p DOT sanders AT alpinesoft DOT co DOT uk.  Thanks,

StephenJK

Paul,

Problem solved, sent an email with the details.  For others, problem with bidirectional USB connection also used for playback as well as recording to laptop.

Excellent, thank you for the update )for further info, JRiver was running in the background).