News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

macOS Catalina

Started by fwalters, July 24, 2019, 03:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fwalters

Will VS Pro work with 10.15 beta Catalina? 10.14 Mojave?

Thanks.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

We know it works with Mojave  We have not yet tested with Catalina but will do soon.

adc71

I think we may have an issue with the waveform display with Catalina

Hi,

Yes, we know about this and will issue an update shortly.  We will post back here when it is available.

normd

Also, the options on the upper right corner of the Split Tracks are partially or fully hidden depending on the window size. But I

Yes, we will fix all that.

tbdrivervinyl

Paul,
Any news on the update to VinyStudio to make it run on Catalina ?

Thank you very much

Hi,

Shouldn't be long now.  Getting the saved tracks into the new Music app is the trickiest thing.

tbdrivervinyl

Awesome, thank you. Ya, I believe it, much more convenient for us Users to use the software to place the tracks into Music.

Thanks again

tbdrivervinyl

Paul,
Any progress on VinylStudio Pro working with 10.15 Catalina?

Thanks

We are in the final phases of testing, so it should be within the next few days.

A version of VinylStudio (V11.0.3) that is fully compatible with Catalina has now been released.  You can get it here:

https://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/VinylStudio/download.aspx

We apologise for the delay in getting this ready.

adc71

Many thanks Paul for your efforts here. Much appreciated.

One question though re the Security & Privacy settings for saving tracks to Music: having followed the instructions that pop up during the batch routine, VinylStudio isn't showing up in the right hand pane for Automation. It does appear (as previously) in Files and Folders, Microphone. Is there something else I need to do first? Or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks

Hi,

Yes, there's an update in the pipeline to fix that.  Expect it today or tomorrow, depending on how quickly App Store review goes.

mjzunk

I get the attached error message during the Pro upgrade install via Mac App Store. When I restart my computer, Vinyl Studio reverted back to Basic version. I went back to Mac App store and upgraded again and got the same error message.

I also do not see Vinyl Studio showing up in the Automation tab of the Security and Privacy preferences.

Maybe the Pro upgrade is not fully installed?