News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Program says recording complete, mid way through File 3 on a double album

Started by vinylhoarder, November 30, 2018, 11:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinylhoarder

I've used Vinyl Studio for a few years and have done 50 LPs at least.  A lot of double albums.  I love the product and usually it's easy enough to work with and my results are pretty good.

My most recent double album is giving me problems.   On the third side or File 3 in my project, my recording starts fine but it stops and says it's complete at 4:39 into the recording.  It's happened at this exact spot 4 times in a row.

I tried numerous times by erasing the third file and starting again.  I've rebooted and restarted the program.  I'm on 10.0.2 on Windows 10.

My experience has been if I start to record a side of an album, it'll continue until I stop it.  It has never just abruptly stopped mid recording and proclaim it's done!  I have plenty of hard drive space.

Just wondering if I should delete the whole program and start again or what........

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Is this happening at a particularly quiet spot in the recording?  If so, try increasing the 'Needle Up Timeout' setting in the Record window and then re-record.

vinylhoarder

Yes it is happened abot the same spot, but it's a live LP with a lot of quieter spots and it hasn't caused issues.  But I will try and tweak that to see if it affects the stopping.

Interestingly enough I was able to record the fourth side of the LP fine but when I retried to redo the third side it stopped again at the same spot.