News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Not Sure What This Means: Unrecognised or unsupported RIFF chunk in file:

Started by Brad-Michigan,USA, June 30, 2010, 05:08:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad-Michigan,USA

Got this error today while recording w/ the 7.5.1 version.

Unrecognised or unsupported RIFF chunk in file:

D:\VinylStudioCollections\D LPs\Van_Morrison~Saint_Dominic's_Preview~side1.wav

You can remove this file via the list of recordings in the Cleanup Audio window or select Check for Changes from the Album menu at any time.

Prior to this I got the standard message that Vinyl Studio couldn't keep up and capture all of the recording. Suggesting I check/stop other running programs and try again. (I did recently install a backup program that automatically runs and backs up changes to network storage)

Is the above message related to the buffering issue or something new with this release?

Note, I turned off my backup s/w, re-ran the recording w/o issues.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

The answer to your question is: both.  The new release (V7.5.1) evidently fails to update the file header file properly when the buffering error occurs, leading to the second error message.  We will attend to this in the next release - thanks for bringing it up.

In the meantime, if you can avoid the buffering error (which could well be provoked by your backup software - only time will tell) then there should be no problems.