News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Recording issue

Started by parentf, January 24, 2024, 02:18:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parentf

On a few occasions I've recorded a whole side only to find out that the recording was truncated. I deleted the recording and started anew and everything was recorded properly the second time. As far as I know I haven't done anything to cause this. Any idea?

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Welcome to the forums.  Is this on Windows or on the Mac please? Thx

parentf

parentf

In the 20th minute of a recording, I just noticed that the level indicators have stopped moving and the buffer isn't showing activity. The split tracks window shows only 11 minutes have been recorded so far. I've stopped the recording, deleted it and re-started the recording process. The level indicators are now moving.

I'm not sure if this is significant but right after I started the first recording I manually added the track names and looked up and assigned an album cover.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Got it, thanks.

Please try selecting 'WASAPI shared event driven' in the Host dropdown in VinylStudio's Check Level dialog.  That usually resolves this (it's a Windows thing, it's annoying).

You might also need to restart your PC.

parentf

I'll give it a try and get back to you.