News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Missing Cover Art In Adirvana

Started by Indy33, December 27, 2023, 11:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indy33

I'm wondering why my music player "Adirvana" does NOT show the album cover art, but Emby does? If I use Mp3tag with the same Discogs Release Number it will show the cover art in Adirvana. I think Emby does better because it does it own searching for info, but I didn't think that would be necessary with VS.

Any ideas???

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Strange.  Not currently, no.

What file format are you saving your tracks in (usually different to the format you record in, note), please?  We will then look into it.

Indy33

I'm using the "flac" and "DSF" file format. Recordings are done in DSF with Korg software.

Does VS embed the cover art in the file? I would assume so, but so would Mp3tag.

> Does VS embed the cover art in the file?

Yes it does, unless you uncheck that box when saving (you'll find it under 'FLAC File Options', if you want to check).

FLAC files are a little unusual though, in that there are two places where you can store the cover art 🤷.  We put it in both, but maybe doing that upsets Audirvana for some reason.

Anyway, please leave it with me.  I will run some tests and post back here.

Indy33

The box to embed the cover art is Checked, but to resize is unChecked.

OK, thanks.  Try resizing it (to 400 x 400).  Some players have a limit on the image size.

Indy33

I figured out what I was doing wrong when I created the Albums. I never realized that the button shown below was changing from "Fetch" to "Import". It seems logical to me that if I clicked on Fetch, that VS should automatically Import the art. In fact I can't think of a reason that if I am using Discogs that the art should not be by default downloaded/embedded in the music files.

What do you think, could it just be automatic and if you don't want the art, then click on that option???

You cannot view this attachment.

Thanks for updating me.  We don't plan to change this behaviour.

> We don't plan to change this behaviour.

-- because --

Fetching album art takes a while, and is rate limited (max 1000 per day, IIRC, spread across all VinylStudio users).

Indy33

Thanks for the update Paul, it makes sense now.