News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Folder.jpg's have ALL gone missing

Started by DyrekL, November 26, 2023, 10:30:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DyrekL

Hello...
Working with Vinyl Studio Pro for awhile now.  Love all the things it can do.  However, for a reason that completely escapes me, Folder.jpg no longer saves to the created folder.  I double check every time to make Sure I have clicked on the button to SAVE the imported file. (i.e. album cover).
On top of that, all the jpgs that HAD been saved (when that process was working) are now gone.  Every one of them!
Why would it stop working in the first place?  And HOW could it have taken all of the previously saved ones as well??

Any constructive thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  And it could Very easily be user error on this side of the keyboard (changing some kind of setting somewhere would not surprise me).

Thank you!
DyrekL

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

VinylStudio can (and, I think, by default, does) save them as hidden files, could it be that?  There's a checkbox in the Settings / Preferences dialog to change this behaviour.

DyrekL

Thank you Paul!  They were set as hidden (now fixed).  And I've found all the missing jpgs.  Big Relief. :-)

Always good to find a helpful forum.  Very much appreciate the 'why' and the 'how to fix'.  :-)

This is a further test Dyrek, please ignore this too.

And again, am in communication with Shaw about this now.

Hi Dyrek,

I believe Shaw have now fixed this.  Could you let me know if you receive this please?  Thanks.