News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Best, (Recommended), Method for DELETING unwanted TRACKS

Started by Dennis_M, March 01, 2023, 05:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis_M

As many may concur, some Albums may contain tracks which one is not likely to want to save.

What is the best / recommended way for deleting such tracks?

There are probably several paths:

A) Should one Split Tracks, Normalize, and then "Delete" the undesired Tracks?

B) Or, should one Split Track, "Delete" the undesired Tracks, then Normalize?

I would suspect that (B) is better than (A), but is there a recommended procedure and how does one delete the undesired tracks?

Also, wanted to complement you in that Vinyl Studio appears to be a great Product and your U-Tube Videos are well done and very helpful.

I have recently begun the project of recording my albums, and I can see the value in knowing how to delete Tracks, (if I am certain that I am not likely to want them), and I was curious on the recommended procedure.

Thanks again for your help and input.

~ Dennis M.   3/1/2023

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Neither! :)  Just uncheck the 'Include in saved tracks' box for the unwanted tracks in the Edit Track Details dialog and then VinylStudio won't save them.  And if you ever change your mind, they're just a couple of mouse clicks away.

Glad you like the software, and pleased that you found the videos useful.  Interestingly, the 'Getting Started' vid was the hardest to get right.

Dennis_M

Thank you for your rapid and helpful response.

Continued Best Wishes

Dennis_M

I have thus far recorded approx 20 Albums and have saved to an SSD, as well as a backup drive.
In recent cases, I have begun to save only the "desired tracks" per Album.
I would like to begin to copy some of the desired tracks from each Album to a USB, and then, ultimately to a SDXC drive for insertion into an android.

Ideally, I would like to be able to open up each Album and see and pull the desired tracks to copy into the USB.

When I click on an Album, however, it begins to play.

What is the best way to copy and paste individual tracks to a USB, (for also making random playlists, etc).

For the initial albums which I have already saved, (in their entirety), do I need to go back and resave just the "desired tracks" and then copy the remaining Album into a USB?

(This should work, but is there a way to see each track, or do I need to copy and paste the album and then make playlist via Pi (or an alternative app).

Perhaps I should go back to the early Albums which I saved and just save the desire tracks, and then copy and paste the album into a USB -> ultimately SDXX for insertion into android?

Hope the Objective is clear.

Thanks for any recommended "best solution", etc.

Hi,

If all the saved tracks are still in the folder where you save your tracks to (your SSD, I imagine that would be) then the easiest way is to use 'Copy to Player' in VinylStudio's Batch window.

When you click on this, VinylStudio asks you to select your USB stick and it will then open to File Explorer / Finder windows side-by-side so that you can drag your tracks across.

You don't really need to resave anything - just be selective in what you drag across - but an alternative strategy might be to delete all the saved tracks for that album and then resave just the ones you want.  I'm strictly 50-50 on that.

As for making playlists, you would do that on your phone after you have copied the tracks to your SD card.  A decent music player (I too use Pi Music Player, but there may well be better options) should make that easy enough.

Dennis_M

Paul,

As always, thank you for your rapid and helpful reply on this.

BTW, you had recommended Pi Music Player, and it is quite nice.

I have also seen good reviews on VLC.

In the ideal case, I would like to choose the same app for may Windows 10 PC, and then:

1) Create Playlists, (with assorted artist & tracks), to play on home system.

2) Copy and Paste the same Playlists, (if able / or with reasonable modifications), to play on Android Phone.

I am still on the early end of the learning curve, but your recommendations and UTube Videos have been very helpful and are much appreciated.

Thanks again for all your help and recommendations.

~ Dennis M.

We can probably do more with playlists.  When I have time I'll look into it.  What we do now is pretty rudimentary.