News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Suppressing creation of certain Tags

Started by double6jg, March 21, 2018, 07:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

double6jg

Apologies if this has been asked before but is it possible to tell VS not to create certain Tags?
I do appreciate they can be edited / deleted elsewhere.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Sorry, no, you get what you get.  I think you'll find the same practise in other similar programs.

As a matter of interest, what do you want to omit and why?  Seems to me that what we put in there is useful and the space it consumes (apart from the album art, which you can omit) is trivial.

double6jg

When I create FLACs I get a number of tags that my Music Server doesn

double6jg

My post got truncated
ALLPICTURES & APPLICATION get misread as HASH(hex code)
Server is Logitech Media Server whichbuses Tags to build its database but allows viewing of raw tags
I keep forgetting to delete

Hi,

You should be able to get rid of the PICTURE tag by telling VinylStudio not to embed album art in your saved files.  You can do this from the Preferences (Mac) / Options (Windows) dialog.

If you do that, how much trouble does the APPLICATION tag cause?  We put it in there so that we record what we saved in the file and that allows us to skip saving the track next time around if nothing has changed.

double6jg

I was going to say that I don't use embedded images in FLACs only a folder.jpg but I still see the ALLPICTURES tag with (as far as LMS is concerned) a value of HASH(hexcode)
It really is no big issue at all I just wondered if suppression was possible at all.

The iOS apostrophe is obviously an invalid character so far as SMF Forum Software is concerned.

OK, I'll look into it.  It must be something the FLAC encoder's doing (hah! my apostrophe works :)

If you remove that tag but keep the APPLICATION tag, how do things look then?  As I say, we'd like to keep that one.

Hello again,

I found this thread which might be relevant (I only skimmed it):

http://squeezecenter.slimdevices.narkive.com/6CKjNnHs/slimdevices-squeezecenter-artwork-not-displayed

I also stepped through our code and, if you uncheck the relevant box as shown in the attached screenshot, VinylStudio definitely doesn't put any album art in the file when saving tracks.  So I don't know what's happening but maybe you need to talk to Logitech.

I'll investigate further if you tell me what tagging tool you are using to remove the tags that are upsetting your box.  I'd like to know what's going on.  ALLPICTURE seems to be a Logitech invention.  The name of the corresponding Flac tag (actually, it's a Vorbis tag) is METADATA_BLOCK_PICTURE.