News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Splitting a recording into several equal size tracks

Started by dif, April 25, 2015, 07:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dif

I have some live music copied from old reel-to-reel tapes. There's no real tracks present to detect, but for the CD to be usable I want to place track markers every 5 minutes, just so I could move through the CD easily. They don't need to align with specific parts of the recording.

I can do this manually, but wondered if there's a way to just tell VinylStudio that I want multiple 5 minute tracks through the whole recording?

I've a lot of tapes to work through so automating this would be useful. I can see that editing the mcf file could be possible (or might just cause myself a whole lot of hassle). Or is there a way to 'import' a specially created set of track breaks, even though these recordings will not exist on any database for albums.

Many thanks for any help with this.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

There's no specific way to do this I'm afraid, but you might find it easiest to set the track times to 5 minutes each in the Edit Track Details dialog.  You can add tracks from there, and that might be easier than dragging the markers around.

Sorry I don't have better news for you.

dif

Paul - thanks for letting me know. I'll do it using the dialogue box.