News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Sputtering and stopping (in the context of overall delight)

Started by audionote, September 25, 2014, 03:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

audionote

Hi--
I just started using this software a few days ago (with a Windows 7 laptop and HRT Linestreamer) and am overall really, really thrilled. I have a very nice turntable and the CDs this system makes are startlingly good. I have compared them directly to commercial CDs of the same albums and they are much better.
There are 2 problems I have encountered thus far: recording occasionally stops and there is the occasional onset of noise, a kind of sputtering sound. If I just try again things are generally okay. I found an old thread suggesting that the Windows 7 systems may be more susceptible to stopping. Any suggestions about how to prevent this? I'd prefer not to bypass the HRT device because it seems to work very well.
Any suggestions about troubleshooting the sputtering noise?
Thanks!

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Please try unchecking 'Use WASAPI for Recording' in VinylStudio's Check Level dialog.  If this works for you, you should set Windows' shared recording format to whatever settings you have applied in VinylStudio's Recording Options dialog.  To do this:

1.  Open VinylStudio's Check Level dialog.

2.  Click 'Recording Controls'.  This opens the Sound section of the Windows Control Panel.

3.  In the Control Panel, select your input device in the list.

4.  Click 'Properties'

5.  Click on the 'Advanced' tab.

6.  Select your desired option in the Default Format dropdown.

7.  Click OK.

This will ensure optimum results when recording.

Some other things to try, if that doesn't work:

audionote

Hi Mr Sanders,
That worked like a charm.
Thank you SO MUCH for making such a great product, and for providing such excellent support. Unleashing my beloved vinyl collection by putting it in digital form, and having the copies come out so beautifully, is very exciting to me. I now have great sounding copies in my car and office. I am NOT a digital fan, but these copies carry much of the magic of analog, and they're portable!
Mark

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)