News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Vinyl Studio and firewire?

Started by shrink, February 06, 2014, 08:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shrink

I have a Canopus ADVC110 AD converter with firewire digital output which I would like to use instead of the AD converter of my motherboard to digitise my vinyl records but Vinyl Studio does not seem to find the ADVC110 - is there something I have missed or is firewire not supported?
Seems to be a great software otherwise.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Are you using a Mac?  I would expect it to work in that instance, unless perhaps special drivers are required.  Does it show up in the Sound section of the System Preferences pane?

shrink

Hi,

No, I am using Windows 7/64bit. Windows sees the device as AV/C Tape recorder/Player and when the device is connected offers to capture video or browse video files with other software . No separate drivers are needed. The device also has an audio only mode so audio only capture is possible but VinylStudio does not see the device. Of course I could capture the audio file with some other software and import it to VinylStudio but when you have hundreds of vinyl records it would be much more comfortable to do this in VinylStudio if possible.

Hi,

OK, thank you for the information.  Does the device show up in the Sound section of the Windows control panel?  You might also try it with Audacity (which is a free download) to see if it show up there.  We use standard methods to find devices so I'd be surprised if it show up in other software and not in VinylStudio.

shrink

Hi,
Tried Audacity and it does not see the device either, the same with Windows control panel sound section. It seems Windows sees this device only as a video device (even if the manufacturer clearly states it can be used also as an audio capture device and gives the instructions in the manual) and so only a video related software (like Nero) will see it. So this is not a specific VinyStudio related issue and I am out of luck with this and have to use the analog input of my PC to capture audio.
Thank you for your support, though. Your software will still be enourmosly helpful with my digitising process.

OK, thanks.  The analog input normally works fine so you should be OK.