News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Corrupted MCF & MCF.BAK files - any fixes??

Started by Boreal, November 05, 2013, 12:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boreal

All,
Something is SNAFUd with my VS collection on my external hard drive. Somehow both the mcf file and its bak file became corrupted - possibly when we had an electrical outage last week. Everything else on the drive is OK. But VS doesn't recognize the mcf file any longer, so it won't open any of my recordings. I think I may have had VS loaded on my laptop via the home network when the power went out. I think if the power dies to the Ext. HD before the working cache is written to the drive, it can corrupt the files. That's the only thing I can think of that would affect only those two files on the drive - they must have been open when the drive shut down. My battery back-up must be shot...

Anyway, is there a way to rebuild the MCF file? I have about 60 albums and all of their files residing on the Ext HD, and don't really want to take the time to start a new Collection and import all of the files. Any quick fixes? I can't figure out why the BAK file is corrupted as well.

Thanks,
Boreal

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

If you'd like to email me the files I will see if I can fix them.  Please send them to:

p DOT sanders AT alpinesoft DOT co DOT uk

Thanks.

Boreal