News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Save Image File?

Started by Boreal, October 27, 2013, 02:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boreal

Hi,

I typically burn two CDs for every album I record. With every burn, the software must remake the image file, which is a bit of a time-waster. Is there a way to save or re-use the image file to save time? Or as an alternative, could a dialog/radio button be added that asks if you want to burn another CD with the same image file? Thanks - just wondering.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Thanks for posting.  Are you burning audio or MP3 CD's?  How long does it take VinylStudio to create the CD image (as opposed to burning the disc) in your case?  Also, what file format are you recording to, and are you using any of the filters (hiss, hum, rumble, graphic equaliser or equalisatin curves / FFT filter)?  And are you on Windows or on the Mac?  Thanks.

Boreal

Audio Files.  Time depends on which computer I use, (Windows 8.1 64 bit or Windows XP) but typically 3-4 minutes to create the image and 3-4 minutes to burn on the faster machine.  I burn to WAV at your recommended rates. I usually only use Hiss and EQ, after removing clicks.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

OK, thank you.  Comments noted.