News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Variable Rumble Filter?

Started by matthew, August 17, 2013, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matthew

Hi Paul,

Would it be possible to modify the rumble filter so that its high pass frequency can be user set?  :)

Im now finding (since I upgraded my audio system) that with the majority of LPs, if the filter is used, it tends to cut out just a little too much of the very low bass region.

It would be great feature to have to further improve a great product!
Please?
Im sure it would be straightforward to add a user input box on the rumble filter menu or something similar?

Thanks,
Matthew

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

You can create a filter to suit yourself in the Cleanup Audio window by selecting 'Specify Equalisation Curve' from the Cleanup Audio menu.  For reference, the built-in rumble filter is 9dB down at 32 Hz, and rolls off fairly sharply.

matthew

Ok thanks Paul.
I wasn't sure if the rumble filter was different in some way to custom eq settings.
Thanks!

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Well, it is, in that it is implemented differently, but the custom eq settings are more flexible and just as good.  I would experiment to get the sound you like, although the rumble in my own recordings is at around 30 Hz, which is why we chose the cut-off frequency that we did.

matthew