News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Using VinylStudio How To Digitise 2Lp Album As A Single Album

Started by Laz Baz, August 30, 2012, 01:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laz Baz

1. I am using Behringer UFO202. I digitised 2 sides of the 2 LP set which saved as one album. How do I digitise the other 2 sides to be a part of the same album?
2. UFO202 has 48K sampling. How can I digitise at 96K/24bit sampling on to my Lenovo corei7 windows 7 laptop?
Help!

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

1.  Just record the next two album sides as sides 3 and 4 (or as side 2 if you have 'Record all sides as one file' checked).

2.  You can't - the Behringer is limited to 48 Khz / 16 bit.  But you might be able to record via Line-In on the sound card built into your PC, see:

http://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/VinylStudio/connecting_up.aspx

Laz Baz

Thank you for the prompt and conclusive response.
regards
PS: i have the naming as: [Album Artist] \ [Album Title] \ [Track Number] - [Track Artist] - [Track Title].
But it saves as >my music\my vinyl digitised\ray conniff_Hi Fi Companion_side1.flac.
I expected it to be >my music\my vinyl digitised\Ray Conniff\Hi Fi Companion\track 1-6_track names.
how can I get it to save like that?
Although when played via DLNA, the tracks are separate (6 of them with silence in between). So for all 4 sides (2 LPs).

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

You have missed a step.  You need to save your tracks, which you do in the Save Tracks window.  You will then get the filenames you desire.  Also, when you insert track breaks (which you do in the Split Tracks window), you can eliminate gaps between tracks by shift-clicking and dragging the green @strt of track' marker past the section of silence you wish to elide

If you haven't already done so, I recommend reasing the 'Getting Started' section in the VinylStudio Help file.  This explains the steps in more detail.