News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Limited length of MP3 conversion

Started by Mike, December 16, 2023, 10:39:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Hi, My name is Mike. I successfully converted over thirty 45 minute cassette tapes on Windows 11 over a period of two weeks. But for the past week, the conversion process stops at 16:30 seconds, and the following pop-up appears - "File size limit (4 GB) reached for file:....Recording has been terminated."  I made not changes in the settings; I always applied the same - MP3,441.KHz,VBS1. The successfully converted MP3's are ca. 2.8 gigs and have a Bit rate of 8467. The 16 minute MP3's, on the other hand, are ca. 3.8 gigs and have a Bit Rate of 33,868. I assume this is the cause of the problem. I don't see any way to adjust the Bit Rate. I twice uninstalled and reloaded the app, but the problem persists. Do you have idea how to resolve this?
Thank you for your answer.
Kind regards,
Mike
mikerobeson1@yahoo.com

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Am addressing this via email (please let me know if not received).  Deleted the duplicate.  (Please don't cross-post, maybe it was just a mistake.  Thanks)