News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Cut & Splice Command, Then Save To DSF

Started by Indy33, November 16, 2023, 10:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indy33

Is there any chance that after using the C&S command that you can save this file with a DSF extension  while retaining the C&S information???

Rick

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

That should work, except for the cross-fade.  Are you having trouble with it?

Indy33

I understand that most software cannot edit DSD files (DSF Extension), so I'm very interested in how do I retain the DSD advantages. I think what you are talking about is the <> arrows ???  Then NO I'm not having a problem with command.

I wish your software would allow me to post captured images from Windows Snippet program.

> I understand that most software cannot edit DSD files

That's right, and VinylStudio is no exception.  The only things that work are cut-and-splice and track splitting.

> I think what you are talking about is the <> arrows

I wasn't, perhaps you could clarify.

> I wish your software would allow me to post captured images from Windows Snippet program.

Click on 'Click or drag files here to attach them' while composing your post.  You can then attach image files to your post.

Indy33

Paul: That should work, except for the cross-fade.  Are you having trouble with it?

Rick: I think what you are talking about is the <> arrows

Paul: I wasn't, perhaps you could clarify.

Rick: I'm talking about the Faders "><" the icon looks like the Red/Green arrows.
I just wanted to make sure about what you were referring to in the first comment above.

The Normalize command works on DSD files also .......correct???

Rick

No, the faders won't work.  Neither will Normalisation.

However.

You can apply any audio cleanup you like to a DSD recording.  It's just that the changes won't be applied if you save your tracks as DSD.  But they will be applied if you save your tracks as PCM.

Indy33

Darn, I was hoping that Normalization would work. But I can see why it wouldn't.

Quote from: Indy33 on November 17, 2023, 12:27:02 AMI wish your software would allow me to post captured images from Windows Snippet program.
This was about using an image from Snippet (Clipboard) and posting directly to the forum without saving to a file first.

> This was about using an image from Snippet (Clipboard) and posting directly to the forum without saving to a file first.

Don't know a way to do that, sorry.

Indy33

I think you would have to change the website software to get this function.

Yes, I think you're right.  We didn't write it though (I don't think anyone writes their own forum software).  There are a number of candidates out there.  We chose SMF, and, this shortcoming apart, it's working well for us.