News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

FFT Filter Gain Bug

Started by westrock2000, September 02, 2023, 02:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westrock2000

Love the program, it's restored my faith in getting quality rips from Vinyl  8)

I did come across a pretty jarring bug though, and luckily my headphones were low volume when it happened. I noticed that whenever you adjust the +db scale on the FFT Filter screen, the pre-amp gain automatically goes to +30db every time you click the "Show +db" or "Show -db". The slider itself on the Pre-amp doesn't change, but the applied value does. You can click on the slider and it will reset back to zero, but adjusting the db scale will cause it to go to max again.

Here is the FFT Filter screen as normal

But as soon as you adjust the scale, the pre-amp maxes out at +30db. But you see how the slider is still at 0db. Clicking the slider will make the applied value go back to 0.

I was on the latest released software version, 13.1.3 I guess. But I did download the beta from the forum just to see if that fixed it. 13.1.5 Beta 1. Issue still persists.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Oh right, we didn't know about that so it's not fixed in the Beta.  We will attend to it, thank you.

Hello again,

This is now fixed in our working version here, and we will include the fix in our next Beta.  That, in turn, will be posted here:

https://www.alpinesoft.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=2567.0

Thanks for such a well-crafted bug report, it really helps.

... and the fix is now out, version 13.1.5 Beta 2. You can get it from the above link, thanks for reporting the problem.