News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Unexpected end of file

Started by Sonvolt, March 27, 2023, 09:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonvolt

Hi,

Got this error when trying to scan for clicks , can't see anything in error in the file and the recorded tracks play okay. Any ideas how to bypass or do i need to record , No obvious issues when album was recorded.

Regards
KenYou cannot view this attachment.

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Is this with Beta 7?  We have adopted a newer FLAC support library since version 12, maybe they broke something.

Anyway, this indicates that there's something about the file that VinylStudio doesn't like.  Let me know if you'd like to upload it for me to look at and I will send you a Dropbox link.

Sonvolt

Yes Beta 7 , happy to upload for you to have a look .

OK, thanks.  A Dropbox link should be on its way to you.  Let me know if you need any assistance.

Sonvolt

Hello again,

Just to update you, I've now taken a look at the file you sent and the authors of the FLAC code we use have indeed introduced a bug.  We can, however, work around it, and, for the longer term, I will ask them to look into it.

So, tl;dr, there will be a fix in the next version, thanks for reporting it and thanks for providing the file.  In the meantime, there is a way to declick that file with the software you have now, if you want to know.

Sonvolt

Hi,

Yes if there's a way , to declick/normalise and save tracks i'd like to do it otherwise no great issue to re-record it.

There is, but it's a bit of a fiddle.  I'm happy to explain, but a simpler option might be just to wait for the next Beta and come back to that album then.