News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Discogs track listing calls iTunes????

Started by mrmike_49@yahoo.com, April 06, 2021, 07:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrmike_49@yahoo.com

getting track data from Discogs, and up popped a box saying that iTunes in not installed on my system!!!

wth?!?!?!?

I consider iTunes software to be a virus/trojan anyway - but this is beyond sneaky - going to evil

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Hi,

Is this happening when saving your tracks (and are you on Windows)?  Assuming the answer to both questions is yes, then you just need to uncheck 'Add saved tracks to iTunes library' in the confirmation dialog that is displayed when you save your tracks and the problem will go away.

mrmike_49@yahoo.com

it happens only when I am in "Lookup track listing" from Discogs. I am on Windows, iTunes option is unchecked (I want NOTHING to do with iTunes!!)

I am thinking that "something" is embedded in the track list data from Discogs that tries to communicate with iTunes - and that behavior sounds just like a virus to me, an iTunes virus

Hi,

Can I ask for some additional information please?

1.  What are the *exact* steps to reproduce this?  Nobody else has reported it.

2.  Please copy and paste the error message into your reply.  There's a link there to do that, you don't need to retype it.

Whatever this is, it is not a virus.

mrmike_49@yahoo.com

Haven't been able to duplicate it - only happened 3 times that I remember (out of ~ 120 albums recorded), but 2 of them were on consecutive sessions and caught my attention

I "think" that it happened while just looking at the different Track Listings, it MAY have happened when I selected one track listing to "USE" - not sure