News:

Welcome to the AlpineSoft support forum.  To return to the main website, click here: www.alpinesoft.co.uk

Main Menu

Slashes in song names create subfolders? [Mac]

Started by tekhedd, February 03, 2021, 09:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tekhedd

So... I'm running into a simple problem: if a band/album name contains forward slashes, VS is creating subfolders on export to MP3. For example, I am configured to use "BAND - ALBUM" as folder names. The album AC/DC - Back In Black creates two folders:

AC/
    DC - Back In Black/
      (tracks...)

I have an album with four artist names separated by slashes and this creates a 4-level-deep hierarchy.

How do I prevent this? I can't seem to find a setting. Anybody?

VinylStudio Pro on Mac, most recent version (Can't get to the dropdown because I'm in the middle of re-exporting 320 albums... Wish the filename format rules were per-collection instead of global.)

Paul Sanders (AlpineSoft)

Yes, this needs attending to, but file and folder names cannot contain a slash character so we can only approximate what you want.

In the meantime, I recommend changing the album artist to (say) AC - DC.  That will prevent the creation of extra folders.

tekhedd

Thanks for confirming... "Renaming the albums" isn't a great workaround, but it *is* a workaround and I can always re-export someday in the distant future.

Hmm, I wonder if, now that emoji are part of the unicode character set, we can start spelling AC/DC with a lightning bolt instead of the slash :D

LOL we can: AC🗲DC

Truly we live in wondrous times